New barrel for S&W Model 19-5

straightShot

I tried getting a 4" barrel from S&W for my 4" Model 19, but they don't have any. Where might I get a good replacement barrel and get it installed? Thanks!

T. O'Heir

Why do you think you need a new barrel?
Gunparts is sold out of M19 barrels. Apparently, K frame barrels are just not available from Smith. Brownell's has 'em on Back Order too. Gets worse. There's a post from 2009 on another forum that says Smith doesn't carry M19 or K frame barrels any more.
Midway says they have 4.1/8" .38 calibre barrels for Model 10's. M10 are K frames. $109.99

straightShot

The barrel has a good gouge inside, and it's not very accurate. The rear sight is adjusted completely left, and it's still off. Years ago, it was very accurate. Many moons ago, it was my first revolver.

T. O'Heir

A good gouge would do it. Sounds like it might have come a tick loose too with the sights being like that. Had a 4" 19 for years. I think you're going to have to find any 'K' frame barrel and put it on. Gun show maybe. E-Bay funds the people who want to take your property away from you.

RickB

A buddy of mine couldn't get a replacement barrel, ten years ago.
I can't remember what model it was, but Smith had gone to threaded tubes with shrouds installed over them, and didn't have any solid barrels for older models.

Jim Watson

I would contact a PPC/Bianchi shop like Brush Creek, Frank Glenn, or Clark and see if they would sell me a takeoff barrel.
They might want to sell you the installation service, too.

natman

You can have the existing barrel reamed out and relined too.

I'm politely skeptical that this is available for revolvers. There are liners available for a few low pressure rifle rounds where the chamber is cut from the liner. You might get away with it with a 22, but I have a hard time imagining a liner that would hold up to having 357 magnum bullets slam into one end in a revolver.

g.willikers

"Where might I get a good replacement barrel and get it installed?"
The installing part will be the most important.
Find the gunsmith first and then look for the barrel.
The smith should have more access to sources than you anyway.