New Addition

Doc Hoy

Cabela's just had to put the blinkin thing on sale.

Steel.jpg

I am really starting to like Remingtons.

Hardcase

I like it better when I'm at work and I can't see the pictures...it's easier on my wallet :D

That looks like fun, Doc!

bedbugbilly

Ohhhhhhh so tempting! Congrats Doc on your new "baby" . . . feed it and nurture it and it just might grow up to be a "big one"!

Am curiouse to hear your thoughts on the one you got - fit & finish, indexing - basically if you are satisfied with the quality? I saw the one post by the fellow who had one and the mainspring seemed too stiff (as his wife was using it) - what are your thoughts on the one you got? From the photo, it looks very nice. I am sooooooooo tempted to order one! Thanks! :)

BConklin

cute li'l sumbidges ain't they?:D

Filing down the spring worked well - there was way too much spring there for that little gun I bought for my wife. How's the spring on yours?

napp

Nice looking little gun, Doc. I knew it was only a matter of time after reading one of your previous posts. They probably discounted it because someone forgot the trigger guard during assembly. :rolleyes:

Doc Hoy

Coupla responses...

Bedbug,

The fit and finish is superb cosmetically. It appears that the folks at the factory fit the trigger guard onto the frame for final finishing, then take it apart for blueing and final assembly. The joint between the trigger guard and the frame is nearly imperceptable. As for the action I have not had the opportunity to do anything but a cursory examination. From that it seems fine. The sight and the lever latch are installed straight.

Conk,

I am accustomed to pretty much all Remingtons having a stiff hammer pull. I actually never gave it a thought on this pistol until your post about yours. So to answer your question I had to go back and try it. It is stiff but not so much that it bothers my thumb. On a big Remington a stiff pull is not so bad because there is a lot of area on the grip of the revolver for contact with your hand. You can get a good grip on the grip :) . But on these little 63s, it is not easy to cock the thing one handed regardless of the weight of the pull. With a 58, you can cock it one handed and your hand is still pretty much in the right position to shoot the pistol. But cocking this 63 requires a bit of shifting before "aim and squeeze."

okiefarmer

Not a hijack, and nice piece. I saw them on special the other day too.

Have never handled one, so tell me how in the sam hill does the trigger operate. Just looks hinky in the trigger function.

Kadmos

Hellgate, that's impossible, my own daughter as a newborn wasn't as cute as a beagle puppy!!;)

Tis a good lookin revolver though, not Beagle pup cute, but a very handsome devil nonetheless.

noelf2

When I first saw one of those, I didn't realize how small they actually are. Nice little backup piece back in the day. I hope you enjoy it Doc!

Hardcase

Okiefarmer, I know what you're thinking, because I thought the same thing when I first saw one. When you cock the hammer, the tricker pops forward and gives your finger plenty to hold onto.

Doc Hoy

Couple responses

Noelf2,

Thanks...BTW March is coming.

Okie,

I have had a coupla these things including an ASM which I put back together with parts scrounged from Pietta. I have noticed that variations in the shape of the hammer and trigger cause the trigger action to be different based upon the manufacturer. It seems like the trigger of the ASMs want to move out a long way at full cock. The trigger comes out so far that you can easily see the machined contour of the back of the trigger. On this Pietta, the trigger comes out less. The ASM is gone now and I wish I had taken some photos for a reference.

It really is a tiny pistol.