New addition - Mossberg 590 "Nickel" finish

mitchntx

At a local gun show this weekend and passed this guy a couple times.

Moss_590_Nickel.jpg

So I stopped and it was priced about right ... nothing special, but what I've seen guns like it for sale at Bud's and on Gunbroker. And as I was looking, another buyer walked up and was interested in a Mossberg 590 tactical style that was sitting next to it.

So I was haggling a bit with the owner and then the other guy was haggling a bit. Seeking an opportunity, I asked what about a package deal?

So the owner came back with a price and I immediately countered with a fair price (I thought) and told the owner that I couldn't speak for the other guy. Made it clear we were both looking for a gun, but the sale was seperate.

We each got about 10% off and I know I was happy.

Last edited:

Nickel Plated

Looks good. I want to get a Blued 590 one day.

BTW, that's not nickel. That's Mossberg's Marinecote finish. Nickel would be WAAAYY shinier.

PT-92

Very nice indeed--I think the only tactical nickel SG offered is the Remington Mariner 870.

-Cheers

PT-92

Smitty in CT

Mossberg's Marinecote finish a nickel plate, just not shiney....

According to Mossberg's site, you're correct. That's news to me. I've never seen that finish in terms of nickel but I have to think it will be rather capable in deterring the elements quite well.

-Cheers