New acquisition: S&W Model 66(No dash#)!

boa2

I'm very pleased, to have found this early, NIB Smith & Wesson Model 66(No dash number).357 Combat Magnum!: I hope that you'll find this revolver to your liking?:
bdd1d688.jpg

866bf4b7.jpg

70b2adf2.jpg

c4e6d1fc.jpg

1c6ce32c.jpg

18DAI

Congrats! Thats a beauty. Model 66's are my favorite Revo. If you shoot it ,how about a range report. Enjoy your 66. Regards 18DAI.

swampdog

boa2,
I'm beginning to dislike you.:D
Another pretty one.
You must have found an estate sale or something.
Two in one week.
Some folks....

Tom2

PRetty but...

If I was gonna shoot it, I would buy a blued rear sight, save the stainless one in the box, and do something to color that front sight. Then you could see to shoot it! I find stainless sights awful, even against dark targets. Paint on the front and swapping the rear is not a permanent change, but a custom touch, if you want to keep it returnable to original. I have a later dash with the blue and orange sights. Works great for me!

boa2

18DAI: Yes(IF?)I shoot my M66-nothing, I'll give a range report?

superpelly: What Brand are those nice fingergroove grips on your M66? Are they the older Mustang Brand?:confused:

Tom2: Yes, I'll take your good advice under consideration, if I decide to shoot my M66-nothing? I'm sure that your ideas are excellent for range work!:D

ISP2605: Did the S&W wood target stocks, come on your M66-nothing-or, did you add these later?:eek:

boa2

superpelly:

I'd bet 100% that they were made by the old Mustang Company? They are very nice looking grips(Better looking than Hogue IMHO!)and they have the almost unmistakeable Mustang grip style!:D

ISP2605

"ISP2605: Did the S&W wood target stocks, come on your M66-nothing-or, did you add these later?"

That's the way it came from the factory. They've got a few scrapes and nicks from being carried.
One probably often encountered with the 66-nothing is when firing several hot .357 loads thru it. Hot loads will affect the gas ring which jam them up. I've never had that problem with mine but apparently later variations fixed that problem with relocating the gas ring. I never worried about it.

boa2

ISP2605: Well, in your picture your 66-nothing looks to be virtually new! And, I was wondering if some of these M66's had come from the factory originally, with the S&W wood target grips? Most of these that I've seen, had come with the Magna's instead! Or, if these had to be custom ordered with an M66 from S&W?:confused:

ISP2605

Bought mine new from the dealer in 1975. Within a few months of that time several of us had bought the 66s and all of ours came with the big grips. In fact, every 66 I've seen from the factory came with the big grips. The 67s all came with magna grips unless special ordered for the large.
Mine has been carried quite a bit. Carried it quite a bit hunting. It's usual place was as my 3rd in my squad and off duty wear.

Gonzo_308

Don't you guys know those K frame .357's are dangerous?!?!

For your own safety, send those guns to me. I'll give you guys $50.00 and pay for shipping.

You guys decide how you wanna divvie up the $50.00.:D