new 642 without a lock

tango3065

New 642 without the lock its a done deal, it was really simple taking off the sideplate and disabling the lock was even simpler. BTW I ended up stripping the whole pistol and let me tell you that spring for the hand is a bugger, I had to download a schematic to figure it out. That lock is never gonna work again and from looking at the gun you would never know its been disabled , test fired it with the lock engaged and it still fires and didnt even make a scratch on it:D

tango3065

Now that my internal lock is permanently disabled does anyone know who offers a oversized thumbpiece that will cover the lock, kinda like the older S&W kit guns had.

LSP972

There was a thread, on GlockTalk I believe, where a fellow used some sort of epoxy to fill the hole. He was careful and took his time, and the job turned out very professional-looking.

I have considered doing that a number of times to my 360PD; but I've been carrying it daily for four years, now, and its pretty beat up, appearance-wise. The hole is there, always has been, and once I did what you did to yours (immediately after taking delivery of the revolver), it ceased to be an issue.

I wouldn't worry about it. But if it bugs you that much, you can still find pre-lock M-642s on occasion.

I have three other J-frame snubbies, all pre-lock; and a pre-lock nickle M-38 is on my short list. But I carry the 360PD for now; after I retire, I'll probably revert to one of the aluminum guns.