New .45acp

turbotype87

Hey guys i just bought a new Rock Island Armory 1911, Does anyone here have one? I was wondering just how accurate they are, and if there were any problems you may have had with them?

mnhntr

Love mine, very accurate, and reliable. I think this pistol is every bit as good or better than the SA GI model I bought.

sixxgunnernick

I have good things about them here on TFL..nothing negative at all. I was deciding between a Kimber..Rock Island and a Springer. I couldn't find a Rock Island anywhere so I went the Kimber. Congrats and enjoy.

45Gunner

The Rock Island 1911 I have shoots as well, if not better, than the two Springers I have. MY RIA has never had a malfunction (can't say that about the Springers) and is accurate but you still cannot compare any of these to a Kimber. Kimber, in my opinion, is head and shoulders above the rest.

HisSoldier

I bought mine almost new (The original owner shot it five shots) for $350 with two offbrand mags, would jam every magazine. Well, I tried a Checkmate mag in it and tweaked the extractor a tad and it works great!.

What I love most about it is the fact that it was so cheap, and functions so well, 4 lb trigger out of the box, accurate as one could hope for out of fixed milspec sights.

I don't confuse it with my Dan Wessons though. :p

bagman

I have a RIA Compact that I love. Very accurate and for me a perfect carry piece. Can't beat the lifetime warranty or the excellent service provided by the guys in Nevada.

ScottRiqui

My local Marine range rents the Rock Island .45s, and sells the rentals every few months for $300. I missed the last batch (bought one of their AR rentals instead), but I've got my name on one of the next ones to come up.

I know I've been bitten by the reloading bug because I'm buying a .45 ACP just to have something to do with all the .45 brass I've collected. :)

dhhardw

A new one is nice, too

I bought a new one for $362 at a gun show here in Houston. It has a lifetime warranty. That's not a lot more than the $300 asking for a well worn pistol.