New .40 barrel

10mm man

I ordered a .40 sw to swap into my EAA Witness 10mm. I went to the range this morning to put the first of many rounds thru it. I am well pleased with the results. With the 10mm having had a 1000 rounds thru it, I am confident in the pistols reliability and accuracy. The .40 shoots just as tight a group as the 10.
Looks like I have found the perfect weapon to carry (the 10mm) and the perfect one to practice with (the .40). The .40 is quite a bit cheaper to shoot and ammo is available everywhere. I like the power of the 10 for carry and protection in the woods also.

10mm man

felt recoil difference

The forty is a bit milder to shoot. I shot .40 s&w 180 grain jacketed bullets (can't remember the brand) sold at the range. In the 10, I shot 180 grain Winchester silvertip JHP's. I am guessing that the 10's are half again the power that the 40's were.
The 40 was quicker to get back on target as the muzzle flip wasn't as severe. I don't find the 10 to be a punishing round to fire as some do, but there is a difference between the 40 and the 10. I like them both.