New .357

Chowder

This last week I found one of the guns I have been looking for. A 4.6" Blackhwak in .357 mag. I have been wanting another single action for a while and the blackhawk spoke to me. Classic lines with target sights and a beefy frame. In Alaska the Super Blackhawk is the most common so I have had a bit of trouble finding this .357. When I saw it I had to jump on it.

Pics or it didn't happen so here it is...

y0lx.jpg

I also Picked up some 158 grain hollow points from a local re-loader. I have heard good things so I am sure they will shoot great. I always try to buy from local small businesses no matter what the product.

4vpl.jpg

I will be getting out to shoot it this weekend and will probably pick up some SWC .38 specials if I can find it. This gun feels great so I am hoping my range report goes well!

Chowder

Nice, what kind of holster you got in mind?

That I am not sure of yet. I am moving to Texas soon so I will probably wait until then before figuring out how I will carry it. Heading to the range tomorrow I cant wait to try some hot loaded .357's!

Nick_C_S

I always try to buy from local small businesses no matter what the product.

Good move. So do I. I'm not anti-big-corporations or anything; but I like to keep my dollars moving about locally as much as possible - even if it cost a few dollars more.

Ferretboy

My mind keeps coming to the conclusion that I need a .357 Mag Single Action..... so for the moment I am jealous.

VonFatman

My go-to .357 is my Ruger 4 5/8" Blackhawk. You can't go wrong. They are built for stout and fit the hand like a glove. Congratulations on a fine purchase.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Bob

medium800.jpg

Chowder

Finally got it to the range today. It was raining all weekend so it was nice to have today off to honor Chris Colombo jet skiing to America in 1972 or at least that's how Mass public schools taught it. So anyway, this Ruger is a blast! I will let pictures do the talking...

In its natural habitat.

yhub.JPG

After figuring out how to hold a single action comfortably with a decent trigger pull I realized I forgot my tools to adjust the sights. So I put a dot roughly wear I needed to hold and I finally started hitting center at 10 yards.

4jsk.jpg

This gun is remarkably easy to shoot well. One of my neighbors at the range gave me a screw driver so I got to adjust the sights and fully enjoy the 6 shooter. I bought an inexpensive pistol rest so I tried my luck at 25 yards.

This was my best at 25 yards, pictures of the average ones somehow got deleted from my phone... weird.

bw3u.jpg

I am all for zombie killing, but the people next to me shot this poor zombies pizza, that's just plain mean.

9gtl.jpg

They were shooting it with a SIG P226 elite SAO and let me give it a try so I will let it slide.

Over all I am VERY pleased with the Black Hawk. Even some hot loaded .357's were very manageable and the few .38s I had were a dream. The only critiques I have is that the trigger had a bit more creep than I would like and I will probably get some smooth wood grips. Having said that, I am stretching a bit to find something bad about the gun for the price I got it for.