new 22 rifle

bobn

lol, it took 40 years but i have come full circle back to where i started. i just got a new 22 rifle at 52 years old. i started in new haven conn shooting at a civil defense shelter under the jr high scool i attended, lol. winchester and mossberg donated the guns.(find me a school like that nowadays)
.....in between i did the black powder thing, the pistol of the month club, the besrko mini, ar and ak. the mag thing including 454 casull and ar 50. shot some hipower matches. some military surplus!
......anyhow i got a new kimber hunter i figure on shooting the piss out of it, might as well have a good one lol. as soon as i get mounts and scope on it i will report accuracy. i got a 6 power weaver T with adjustable objective and target knobs that should be cats ass for it.........bobn

Last edited:

RonJ

Congrats! I've owned two Kimber 82s. One was very accurate and the other is exceptionally accurate! Enjoy!

Danny Creasy

bobn,

Its been almost a year now. Did you keep that Hunter and if so, how does it shoot?

I recently acquired a new Kimber Hunter. I understand that they are dropping production and thought, if I was ever going to grab one then the time was right.

Here she is and I also included our first target from a 50 yard bench outing yesterday:

KimberHunter-4.jpg

KimberHunter-5.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

I am quite satisfied with the sporter so far.

bobn

wow good shooting! well almost a year older too, lol turned 53 on tuesday!....she is a keeper, i decided to shoot nothing but copper washed instead of waxed lead bullets. i believe i gave up some accuracy to do that. (cci ammo) i am shooting more to the 3/4 inch at 50 yards then the 1/2 inch you are. i shoot in the mn/wisc area. and you? thanks bobn

Danny Creasy

Mostly local matches these days. I try to get over to our local range (North Alabama Shooting Association) at least once each weekend and either run a match, participate in one, or simply shoot some on my own.

Here is our 50 yard range set up for the Fifty Fifty Sporter match that I designed and run. I am giving it a go with my CZ 452 Special in the open sight class in this pic.

fiftyfiftysporter-09.jpg

A friend down this way sighted in his Kimber Hunter with CCI Mini Mags (he is an avid grey squirrel hunter) and has never looked back. He averages 7/8ths inch groups like yours with a little 2-7 Leupold rimfire on board. All the accuracy one could ask for for beaning bushytails in the noggins.

I am going to use my Kimber primarily for competing in CMP Sporter Matches (3 position shooting). Hope to attend the National Matches at Camp Perry with a van load of shooters from my club in July. This regime has a 7.5 lb rifle weight ceiling, a 3 lb trigger pull floor, and a six power scope upper limit. Thus, the Sightron HBR S II 6X42.

Last edited: