New .22 Ordered

Lee6113

I was looking at getting another .22 to use with my new shooters, younger brother, wife and daughters (when they're older), and decided to get one in color. I like that it's hammer fired dbl/sgl action for when they're a light strikes with .22 ammo. Just pull the trigger again! Super small and manageable for the younger guests I take out!
$313 + $15 shipping + $25 FFL = $353 x 1.1 tax = $383.30.
Good deal?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 382

Ibmikey

Did that Ruger come with a set of dark glasses to cut down the glare?:rolleyes:
Guess I am a bit more conservative in my desires, good luck and hope it shoots for a long time and gives your family tons of shooting fun ( after they stop laughing).

HistoryJunky

My wife bought the same gun except in "Mint" instead of yellow. I don't totally hate it.

She likes it, and that's what matters.

The small grip size and weight is definitely a plus for younger and or smaller handed shooters.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Lee6113

I almost ordered the mint also, but I decided yellow instead.

Out of curiosity, what do people think about colors on guns meant for just fun at the range?

Areoflyer09

I've had an SR22 for a bit over a year now. I've enjoyed it. It's has a few hundred rounds through it and I don't recall it having any issues yet.

The DA pull feel heavy and it's a bit long. Not bad when you aren't thinking about it, but feels like it takes forever to pull when you are consciously thinking about it.

I love the yellow! I would have gotten that if I had known about it. I'm considering having mine cerakoted if I don't swap it (my new PPQ has taken some of the joy from the SR22). Enjoy the color and have fun with it!

dgludwig

I'm a dyed in the wool, blued steel and walnut traditionalist but, given the fact that it's already a plastic pistol and the venue its company keeps, that outrageous banana yellow color is growing on me...:eek:

Lee6113

I can definitely understand why people wouldn't want heir guns colored, but for this ones purpose I rather like it in the glaring yellow haha. I am looking forward to picking it up from my FFL.

Cheapshooter

Ruger SR-22, yes. DeWalt battery drill paint job, no way!!! Maybe on a Hi-Point that already looks like a battery drill, but absolutely not on such a nice looking pistol!

aarondhgraham

I kinda like colored handguns,,,

I kinda like colored handguns,,,
140318-Ruth_Evelyn_Idgie-LR.jpg

I would trade my black LCP for a green one in a heartbeat.

These are the only colored guns I own,,,
I got them on a whim and probably won't get another.

Aarond

9x19

Congrats!

Reading the comments before looking at the pic, I expected something truly wild... :D

Not mine:
Fruit%20Stripe_zpsd2b0nfl8.jpg

Hal

I'm so/so on colored guns like that.

On one hand, I don't care as long as they work well.

On the other, I wonder about the wisdom of making a weapon look like a toy.

SR22 is what I should have waited for instead of rushing out and getting a Walther....:rolleyes:

dgludwig

Though there's been more than a few colored firearms over the years (I'm thinking of earlier High Standard Sentinel revolvers and later Browning Buckmark pistols as examples that come to mind), Browning Double Auto shotguns, with over a half dozen color options available from the early fifties through the early seventies, were certainly one of the first to daringly step into the rainbow.

JWT

Guess I'm too much of a purist. The colored guns just don't do anything for me. Stainless, blued, or parkerized for my taste.

Have to agree Hal has a point about making a gun look like a toy not necessarily being a great idea.

SGW Gunsmith

I've sold quite a few of the Ruger SR 22 pistols around here. Several "trappers" like the compactness and light weight of these pistols and several ladies carry these SR 22's as their CCW guns. I've seen some of these gals shoot on my range out back, and 10 rounds in "center mass" using CCI Vellocitors should get the attention of most with evil intentions.

They also can be quieted down quite a bit with the right muzzle attachment.