New 1911, whaaaaat?

carguychris

This pistol resembles an M1911 the way that a 2016 Ford Mustang resembles a 1968 Ford Mustang, or the way a Boeing 787 resembles a 707. The profile is just barely reminiscent, and the underlying design may be broadly similar in concept, but everything else is different.

It's only an M1911 in the imagination of Hudson's marketing department, which is apparently achieving its purpose in prompting us to pay attention to the product. :rolleyes:

[EDIT TO ADD] It's worth mentioning that a polymer-frame 1911-style 15rd 9mm pistol has been done before, the first I know of being the Wilson Combat KZ-9. That's presumably why Hudson is making a big deal about this gun being striker-fired.

Last edited:

Wishoot

Not sure where the Outdoor Hub got 1911 from.

The only reference Hudson makes to a 1911 is that this gun has a 1911 style trigger. Nothing else.

ttarp

Yeah, ok. I think the "loosely inspired" is more appropriate.

Personally I think Hi Point and Glock are being challenged to the ugliest pistol title.

gc70

The trigger safety looks interesting.

A 1911-style trigger is not the only component of a 1911.

Beyond the audacity of claiming the gun is some sort of 1911 variant, the $1,147 MSRP is absolutely ridiculous.

DanPop

I think there are way, way too many 1911 purists to let this 'thing' to get a hold. This will be discounted within a year. Truth is it may be a great gun but it will never be able to stand up on it's own.

Pond James Pond

1911 style trigger and 1911-esque grip. There endeth the 1911 links!

All the same, I quite like it.

I don't have any personal attachment to 1911s so I guess I'm less likely to draw direct comparisons.

But here we have a pistol that is relatively compact, decent capacity, ostensilby decent ergos and what looks like an absurdly low bore-axis.

That should all make for an interesting pistol!
I do agree that the company should limit their attempts to boost this gun with tenuous links to the cult 1911 design with many strict followers.

There is enough going on to make this a potential success.

However, the problem is that many times people cry out for something novel, something that is not just a rehash of an existing design.
Yet when they get it people then shy away from it as too new and outside the comfort zone.

Could the same be happening here?

KMAX

My wife might think it is a 1911. She thinks all my guns look the same. She can tell the difference between handguns and long guns though.