New 1911, S&W this time!

FM12

My new bestest buddy: S&W sku 108284. Stainless, full size, ambi safeties, adj sights and FL guide rod, beveled mag well, 2 Novak 8 roound mags. It's a real keeper. More than 250 rounds thru it, and no stoppages. More accurate than I am, and just a sweet shooting gun. Smith and Wesson 1911s. I recommend them highly!:D:D

I'm FM12 and I approved this post!

Attachments

• S&W 1911 008 for tfl.jpg
    S&W 1911 008 for tfl.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 140

fastbolt

When you're ready for new magazine & recoil springs you can get them from Wolff. Last time I checked S&W was using Wolff for their recoil springs, and since Wolff is using the ACT-MAG as their magazine offering they've developed an Extra-Power magazine spring for both the 8 & 7 round ACT-MAG's.
http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

FM12

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty tickeled!

Thanks for the link, Fastbolt. I thought you'd be pleased, by the way!

(better pic attached)

Attachments

• S&W 1911 008 for tfl.jpg
    S&W 1911 008 for tfl.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 74

tom234

I've got >1200 round through mine and the only hickup was an ocassional 200 gr LSWC FTF with OAL less than 1.250". Consider adding a S&A mag guide; it adds an additional 2 oz weight making the "heavy" #108284 a real pleasure to shoot.

FM12

Thanks, Tom, I'll think about that. Good to hear your track record also.

Man, I love that pistol! Yee Haw!

Silvanus

Nice pistol you got there. I've never seen a S&W 1911 in person, but they sure look good in your pictures :D

ShootingNut

FM12

Bought one identical to yours a couple months ago.
Very nice shooting gun. Shooting our lead reloads, it doesn't like SWC'rs though, trying to adjust the OAL on them. Likes the old round noses real well though.
For my old peepers, I dabbed on some flourescent orange on the front sight, and put a white outline on the edge of the rear sight blade. For my eyes, really helped due to my farsightedness.
Enjoy yours!
SN

NCTexan

Let me pile on here.

It is a great looking gun. Glad that you are pleased.

Probably my next purchase. The picture sure gets the juices flowing.

jpwilly

is it at least hi capacity like a glock is?

No a 1911 is not for spray and pray most 1911 owners can hit what they are aiming at.

it looks pretty heavy, like an anvil with wood grips.

Yes they are made from real steel not plastic.

anyway its nice and flashy and i hope you like it.

I have a feeling he does like it...he bought it and then came here to show it off - get a clue!

me id get a glock coz they r the best of all time but thats just me.

So you don't own a Glock but your here braggin about Glocks and how they are the best???