New 1911 out soon?

Bob Thompson

Just caught Jim Scouten's "Sighting in with" on TV from the shot show in Las Vegas and he showed a new 1911 from Taurus that looked pretty nice for an under $500 price tag with quite a few enhancements. Anybody seen one yet? Some Taurus's I've had have been really nice. Maybe I'm due for another 1911. Bob

Seraph

I saw a photo of one over on 1911forum (+RIP+). All I can say is, I hope it was a prototype, because it was awfully ugly.

Robert Hairless

I heard a rumor that no company is introducing a new 1911 during the first week of April. It's hard to believe, I know, and I don't put much stock in that rumor so take it for what it's worth. :)

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Taurus was pretty obvious, since they've made an empire out of copying off other folks test papers. ;)
Let's see, who doesn't have one:

1) Glock. Not surprising, as they really only make one gun.
2) Beretta. Do they own Tanfoglio yet? If so, then they'll (indirectly) have one.
3) HK. Persistent rumors of Larry Vickers being hired as a consultant aside, no word from HK.
4) CZ. This would be nice, as it would likely be the cheapest all-machined-steel 1911 on the planet. Unlikely, however...

KSFreeman

Didn't CZ bring Jeff Cooper over about 10 years ago to consult on pistols including a 1911 variant? :confused:

Blueprint is probably in the Office of New Projects (in Czech this is one word, 117 letters long, with very few vowels :D) awaiting the green light from marketing.

paul45

I saw a picture of it over at glock talk I think...and I'm sorry, it is downright fugly. The frame is exceptionally ugly to me and the serrations look like I cut them out with my spoon. I apologize if I insult anyone...JMO

larry starling

I saw the taurus 1911!One UGLY pistol.somthing just doesnt look right to me,cant put my finger on it!I would avoid this one!its got to be full of MIM and cast parts if it only cost's 450-500 buck's! :barf:

larry starling

Only problem with H&K making a 1911 is that it will cost 2000+ bucks!There product's are way overpriced!Still love my H&K P7M8 though!!!didn't care to much for my USP40compact!had problems with slide returning to battery,so i sold it for 550 and bought a new colt 1911! :rolleyes: