Never take anything for granted when handling your firearms

Interesting article I came across from another forum. If you don't like looking at post-surgical wounds, don't click...

Guy who is a US Marshall started to strip his Glock to clean it...from the title of the thread, you can guess the result.

http://www.thegunzone.com/nd.html

(1) OUCH.
(2) Dang lucky no one else got hurt.
(3) " Clue Clear " your weapon. Rack slide a minimum of three times, preferably four...

Nice mushroom on the Black Talon, BTW....

:D

That one floated around on gunsnet a couple months ago. That HAD to hurt like a mother. I took off the end joint of my ring finger when i was 8 and that much pain put me down in an instant. I cant imagine what that would do.

SW

270Win

I'm glad he was both a paramedic, and maintained a good sense of humor about the whole thing...

Man! It shows you can never be TOO careful.

meatcurtains

Guy who is a US Marshall

From the article:
This was not an ND from a U.S. Marshal. It came from a forum called Glocktalk and, as it made its way around the Internet, became more than it originally was.

40MM

Thats what you get when you clean your gun after midnight, a small portion of your brain is already asleep!:D

john in jax

I have 2 accidental/negligence discharges to my discredit - luckily I didn't screw up that "always keep them pointed in a safe direction" thing so nobody was hurt either time.

I'm so careful/paranoid nowadays that when cleaning, I unload the gun in another room and leave ALL ammo there. I check and re-check that the gun is empty and that there is no ammo or loaded mags anywhere nearby - kind of a pain - but I'm doing my best to make sure there isn't a 3rd time.

And he is right - you do get REALLY PISSED OFF at your self for your own stupidity.