Need your advice, best 1911 (9mm)?

pinotguy

If you can find one, I'd say the Dan Wesson Pointman-9 (PM-9). This is a new, experimental model that was introduced this year. It's virtually identical to their PM-7 - Government size, adjustable Bomar-style rear sight, stainless steel, etc.

Sturmgewehre

By far the best 9mm 1911 I've ever owned.

EMP_target_3.jpg

D-Man

In a full-sized model, you should look at the Springfield Loaded, Kimber (can't recall the model designation), and STI Trojan.

The Trojan may be a little bit over $1K, but not by much.

The Dan Wesson would be a great choice, but think the 9MM models are running a few hundred bucks over $1,000.

gmarr

The Taurus 1911 is coming out later this year in both .40 cal and 9mm. I've shot one in .45 and was impressed. I'm also looking for a 9mm 1911 and I'm going to wait to see it.

Good shooting.

Dobe

Kimber Target II is a good one. I have one of these. I like it, and it is probably my favorite range gun. Although I like it, I believe one by STI is a better made 1911.

Chard

I purchased a new SA Loaded Target last year. Has run flawless since day one (read 2000+ rounds) on Blazer and WWB. Accuracy is not quite where I would like it. May send it back because I know Springfield will may it good.

I chose the SA over the Kimber based on price, warranty and the Kimber as of last year build their 9mm pistols on the 40 Cal breachface. 1911 9mm pistols have been known to be finicky and a lifetime warranty made the purchase easier.

Regards,
Chard

BigJimP

Kimber or Springfield are probably your best for around $1,000.

Wilson Combat is a significantly better gun - but $ 2,000 or so.

uniball

i have a 9mm kimber tac pro II. it's been perfect since i've had it. fun to shoot, too. haven't touched my sig since i bought it.

WESHOOT2

value

Using that word means you want to pay enough to get enough back from said product.

Hard to argue with a Springfield Armory 5" 9x19-chambered 1911 (I bought one used after considerable research; needed trigger work I was able to do myself, needed a better-fit bushing I also found easy to do).

I am not a Springfield Armory groupie, barely a fan, yet value is something I understand.

Only reason I recommend SA over Kimber is due to customer treatment after the purchase.
Just in case, ay?

Last edited: