Need to locate body armor/flak jacket

Josh

Hello all,

I am in need to locate a flak jacket that will allow a hard armor plate for the front.

I need this for a class that will have a shoot house. I have Safariland soft armor Level IIA but the pocket for the plate is for a trauma plate and not hard armor.

Does anyone know of a place that sells this at reasonable prices ? I only need this stuff once every so often so I don't want to sink a lot of money in it.

The last course I went to I borrowed one but this gets old if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Josh

Josh

Thanks for the reply gunmoney.

I am needing hard armor for the class. I have the soft level IIA. I was thinking that if I found a flak jacket which should stop some rounds and put a Level III hard plate this would satify the hard amor issue.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

gunmoney

practicaltactical.com has some cheap stand alone plates for sale and you could get a modular plate carrier(Eagle,Paraclete, Patriot Performance, etc) and use it with you IIA vest and that may work if it is what you are looking for.

Josh

JJB2......Second Chance..... You so funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"and use it with you IIA vest and that may work if it is what you are looking for."

Gunmoney, Wouldn't a carrier with a level III plate in front and back along with my Level IIA vest do the same thing as a $500.00 + tac vest ? The way I see it if it provides the same level of protection and cost some $250.00 less as the tac vest then I am futher ahead.

Maybe not a fshion statement but if it works the same then this is more money to train with.