Need Some Suggestions...

Single Six

In a bit less than 2 weeks, I'm headed to my department's range to qualify with my off-duty weapon, my 4" GP-100. Naturally, I'm practicing my speed loads with my HKS speed loader & dummy rounds. However, there's one small issue I'm having: Even though the Hogue finger grooved grips are recessed for speed loader access, every time I try to pull the speed loader up from the cylinder after dropping the rounds in, the speed loader wants to hang up against the naturally tacky rubber surface. This really slows down my total reload time. Do any of you guys have a way around this [other than buying some wood grips]?

shootniron

Just drop it on the ground when the bullets drop free. You can accomplish this by raking the loader away from the gun rather than pulling it back toward you. Also, Safariland Comp ll loader will work better than the HKS.

Last edited:

Single Six

Thanks, shootniron. I am letting the bullets fall free, but it always seems that if I don't have the speed loader pushing the fresh rounds in fairly deep prior to release, sometimes one or two rounds tend to fall AWAY from the cylinder & to the ground....which of course, only makes things worse.

shootniron

That is where the Safariland will help somewhat as it is spring loaded and kicks the rounds out...works much better for me than the HKS does. The base of the Safariland is also thinner than the HKS so it clears the grip more, allowing for a little more room to work.