Need some help

sasquatch

Here is a revolver on which I can find no information. It is the bottom one in the picture. I put it next to my S&W 442 for a size comparison. Sorry for the crummy picture.

VICTOR.jpg

Here is what I know:
Top strap marked Victor .22 CAL.R.F.
Serial number under the left grip.
6 shot cylinder; .22 Long will fit, .22 LR will not.
Both DA & SA.
Loads like a SA, with loading gate on the right.
Cylinder is removed like most SAs.
Finish is blue.

Any help on manufacturer as well as possible date of manufacture would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Richard Simmons

"VICTOR Tradename on pisfols(sic) from Francisco Arizmendi, Eibar, Spain, c. 1916."

Here's something I found on another site. I'd say it's pretty likely it's spanish made. Any markings under the grips?

sasquatch

Nope......other than the aforementioned serial number under the left grip.

There is an "8" on the cylinder, which matches up as the last digit of the serial number.

No other markings anywhere.

Baphomet

I'm going waaay out on a limb here but my sources are telling me that the Victor revolvers were manufactured from approximately 1915 to 1935. They were manufactured as a less expensive version of Harrington & Richardson American double action/Young America series for the purpose of being sold through large mail order companies.

The early versions of the Victors were not marked with the H&R company name. It sounds like yours has the company name marked on it and is a late production probably model, most likely (?) dating from the late 1920s to early 1930s. Pretty sketchy info, but that's the best I can do you for.

Edit: I know it's small, but does this look like what you have:
images.jpg

sasquatch

Thanks for your help.

It does have the look and feel of an H&R.

It appears to be very similar to the one in your picture.

James K

Member In Memoriam
The name has been used by several makers. The Victor revolver was an H&R brand name. The Spanish Victor was an auto pistol.

Jim