need some help and information please

9ballbilly

I'm new to muzzle loaders and could use some information.

What I'd like to do is build a left handed side lock percussion rifle in .32 or .36 cal.. I can't seem to locate any mfg. with a kit for this. If anyone knows of one could you please let me know?

On the other hand, I would kind of like to try the build from scratch, if no kit is available. In that regard I'd like recommendations on where to buy the needed components ( such as a stock blank). I have no timeline for this project and would spend months or even years working on it with no regret.

I've been told inletting a stock blank is very challenging. Fortunately I have developed good relationships with three professional smiths that I could go to for help, so I wouldn't be all alone in the cold trying to figure things out myself.

Any help or tips would be appreciated, Thanks

mykeal

Two suggestions:

First, if you decide to build from scratch, get and study a copy of Recreating the American Long Rifle by Buchele and Shumway. It's available on amazon.com or eBay.

Second, contact Ray Franks at Sitting Fox Custom Muzzleloaders. He has a couple of left hand long rifle kits available and caliber is optional. Here's a link to his left hand early Lancaster .36: Early Style Lancaster .36 - left hand

Roaddog

Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading, TVM.com will have what your looking for as well. They are grate folks to deal with.

kwhi43

Tip Curtis, Tip Curtis, That's all you need to know. If you can't find his no.
I will look it up. He's in Tenn.