Need Single Stage and Turret Press Ram Diameters

GCbroker

If you would, post the model of your press and the diameter of it's straight wall ram. Pics with the ram up a 3" or so would be helpful.

Thanks

jmorris

Not sure what you are looking for but it might be worth noting that there are some that are not solid, like the Lee loadmaster and Hornady LNL as two examples, many others have holes and/or slots machined into them.

Lee breech lock .820

Co-ax 2x .625

550, 650 & 1050 1.485"

366 2x .875

SD 1.975 X 1.975

Last edited:

DaleA

jmorris raised an interesting (maybe a very important point for you) point about the ram being solid or not.

The Redding T7 1 inch diameter ram is hollow, I believe to accommodate the priming system.

Personally I would have no problem with the Redding T7 for any reloading, rifle or handgun, that I would do.

GCbroker

The diameter is what I need to know. Hollow for spent
primer drops make no difference.
I don't need progressive press ram diameters.
Just Single Stage and Turret Presses.
Note if there is a step on the vertical and Or horizontal
dimensions. Thanks a lot for the post and those
to come.

I own Mighty Armory. I have 3 conversion designs
on the market for the RCBS primer pocket swage
combo. The ejector cup only fits over a few rams so I designed
a few replacements and a Union for the stock cup. My sales are good..
I'm now working on two complete dies.
One for a perfect swage and the other for depriming
with out the head aches of broken pins.

If you like visit my site www.mightyarmory.com

Questions and suggestions always welcome.

jmorris

I see, in that case it's worth noting that some presses won't work for that even if the cup has the right ID?

Like the Lee breech lock for example the frame below the ram is not flat there are ribs at 9:00 and 12:00. Then there is also the different heights from the top of the ram to the frame to contend with.

GCbroker

I use that press for priming in my youtube part 2
video.. I have the dimensions for it and will have a
conversion cup for it in about 2 weeks. That's a great press
at a very fair price. The cups are seriously beefy.
The two slots we have to cut will not weaken it at all.
I'll let you know when we have them ready to ship.
By the way those partitions are there to collect
spent primers.

Last edited:

jmorris

By the way those partitions are there in an attempt to collect
spent primers.

Fixed it for you.

It's going to be like that on any press that is not machined flat in that area and they are out there.

100_6217.jpg

And as I was saying the heights are going to be all over the place too, so cup depths that will work for one, might not work for others. Then there is the Hornady iron press where ram diameter won't matter at all as they have a platform that takes up even more room.

ironpress1502.jpg

Last edited:

F. Guffey

I have suggested a reloader order a Special Order Catalog, I have never thought there was an excuse for a reloader not having access to one but here we are. Somewhere on page eleven there is a listing for rams. There are two rams listed for the Rock Chucker.

And then there is the solid bar and the hollow bar, it is cute to be able to drop primers through the center but for me but for me there are all kinds of advantages to the hollow bar. And then there is the frustration reloaders have with catching primers, not me; I have not had that problem since the invention of 3M electrical tape; and then things got better when 3M started making electrical tape in different colors.

F. Guffey