Need recommendations for AR15 sling

CReynolds

Hello all:

I just acquired a 16"AR15 A2 and want to do some stuff to it. First on the list is a sling. I want to carry from the low ready position and be able to shoulder the rifle without having any snaps or such to disengage. Any recommendations welcome.

Coley

tommygun45

I love my Tactical Tailor sling. the webbing is wide and comfortable. It served me well over a two day ASAA tactical Urban carbine class. The three point design allows you to use both hands with out droping the gun to the ground. I liked the way it worked so much I put one on my Rem 870.
Tactical Tailor

spleenandideal

On AR15.com, there's a gentleman named Mike(Me223) who makes his own 1 and 3 point slings out of a softer nylon, which is durable yet more comfy around the body. He also makes a side plate attachment for either the A2 or CAR stocks, and it fits between the buffer tube and receiver. It is similar to the GG&G product but only $15 vs. $50.

A 3-point system is what you're looking for....sorta like the MP5 slings. Really quick and shoulders well. I'd suggest you either get the GG&G sling thing for the front sight or a USGI bbl mounted M4-style side adapter up front. Mike also sells a strap-based front side adapter that hooks around the handguard.

One plus of this system is that it is convertible to a one-point attachment system. I wish I could post some pics.