Need recommendation for scope

skeeter

Can someone recommend a scope for my Mini-14- it must have a silver finish, and be some where between 1x3 power for close range mainly. Seems like no company makes a short range scope in silver?

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Most of my Mini shooting was coyotes and jackrabbits to around 100 and 150
yards. I used a Weaver K4, but never worried about color coordination. :) I've found that the field of view with that scope was okay beyond some 20 yards or so. Weaver makes a V3; dunno about color option. Burris? I vaguely recollect seeing a low-power in a sort of matte silver...

The Mini is just fine for putting the first shot to the same POI every time. And the three-shot groups are good enough for jackrabbits to 100+ yards.

rem33

mini groups

Depends on the mini, but they are hard on scopes.
Usta have one that could shoot 3 shots under a inch, With hand loads using 50 Gr. speer bullets and IMR 4198. From what I have read it was the exception. Scope went bad and before I figured that out I sold it. Mistake, cause the 223 bolt I bought won't group under two or three inches with anything so far.
Buy a scope with a good guarantee

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Interesting, rem33. I used the same old steel-tube K4 on four different Minis; I guess I ran through maybe three thousand rounds, total, in the fifteen or so years. No scope problems.

Art