need parts for a Colt 1917

Carbon_15

Am friend of mine has a Colt 1917 that his dad left him. It is missing the firing pin bushing. He really wants to fire it but we cant find he part anywhere. Numerich dosnt have it, we have scoured the internet and gunshows with no luck, we have even tried finding a rusted up junker to scavenge the part from but still nothing.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Its part #46 in the exploded diagram.

44 Deerslayer

That should be a pretty easy part for a lot of gunsmiths to make. Right size piece of drill rod with a hole drilled in the center and press fit to the frame.

If it was my gun, I'd make the part myself.

James K

Member In Memoriam
I agree that making one or having it made will be the best bet. That part was considered part of the frame and I don't believe was ever supplied to armorers or gunsmiths because normally it would not wear or have to be replaced. I cannot recall ever having to take one out or replace one.

Of course that means that the only way to get one is to take it from another frame, something most parts suppliers don't want to do even if they have a frame.

FWIW, the Model 1917 is just a version of the New Service, so maybe you might find one using that model in your search.

Jim