Need opinions on AKU-94 bullpup kit for AK

urban assault

I really like the looks of the AKU-94 bullpup kit for the AK rifle. I was hoping that some of our members here have had some experience with the above kit. I want the kit because it shortens the rifle by 10", reduces weight and it looks like it makes mounting optics much easier. If anyone has any experience or opinions about this AKU-94 please post here. The link below will take you to an information page about the kit. Thanks for your time.

http://www.k-varcorp.com/AKU94v2.JPG

Coltdriver

The big downside to any bull pup design is that it usually puts your face right over the receiver.

If you have an AK now, take a look at how flimsey the receiver cover is.

If your gun goes ka boom one day, and blowing the receiver cover off is one failure mode of the AK, then think about what happens.

I don't know if the receiver over cover on this one is secured to the weapon or not. If so, it may make a good safety feature.

If you dig into the topic and find out, let us know.

Jeff OTMG

Go to the rifle board and do a search. This was discussed there not too long ago. I have one of the kits and like it.

yankytrash

Ugly as a sin, but I handled one at gunshow and found that getting the gun from my side to target aquisition was a lot quicker.

Somebody really thought that thing out. I wonder about recoil on rapid fire though.

urban assault

Thanks for your opinions on the kit. There is a 1000 table gun show coming up Nov. 9 - Nov. 11 here in Portland, maybe I can see one of these rifles in person. Thanks again!

michael