Need opinions, insight and help on Sig P250

I recently took my Sig p250 subcompact 9mm to the range. Love the feel of the trigger but the pistol seems to be shooting 5 or more inches low. And that's at 10 yards. Any suggestions. Is this something digs warranty would cover. Any ideas are welcome.

Don Glock

I recently took my Sig p250 subcompact 9mm to the range. Love the feel of the trigger but the pistol seems to be shooting 5 or more inches low. And that's at 10 yards. Any suggestions. Is this something digs warranty would cover. Any ideas are welcome.

let others shoot it, if it still prints low, then call digs :D

make sure you're not anticipating recoil and flinching.

Que

Low and low left POI is not uncommon with shooters new to the P250. As Don Glock suggests, let others shoot it. I would add that you might make sure that those other shooters are experienced with the P250 or they may well have the same results due to the same shooter error. This trigger takes some work to get down. To me the key is a smooth even stroke with no staging. Staging the shot is the kiss of death. Anticiaption and flinch run rampant with staging. Once you have the smooth stroke down you can speed up the stroke. Dry firing helps immensely. A trick with dry firing is to take a penny or nickel and balance it on the front sight. Once you can stroke the trigger consistently keeping the coin on the sight you will be well on your way. There have been some reports of firing pin breaks with lots of dry firing so be sure to use a snap cap

Work with the gun in firing altering your grip a bit and most certainly altering where your finger makes contact with the trigger. With DAO triggers the contact point is in towards or at the first joint rather than the fingertip. Finding that sweet spot is key. It is especially important when one is experiencing a low/left POI.

Also, with the P250, the gun is battle sighted. With many sights the desired point of impact sits on top of the front sight post. With the P250 the front white dot covers the desired point of impact. That factor alone will account for some of the low shooting.

Once you have ruled out the shooter you can get a new front sight from SIG. I believe they will send you a #3. Me, I would rather get myself right if at all possible and then deal with the gun itself if I can't.

Another tip for these guns when shooting low is to use 124 grain ammo rather than the usual 115. Some have reported similar results with 147 gr., but I would probably choose the 124.

Once you get it right it's like flipping a switch between frustration to sweet. Once your groups start to center on the ten ring it's all worth the effort. I have shot DAO guns for years and each one takes it's own effort different from others.

BTW, I own a subcompact, compact and full in 9mm. For me the easiest shooting is the full size. Next easiest is the compact. The most challenging is the subcompact. That makes me believe that grip may also play a significant part in it all.

Last edited: