Need inspiration with a Custom 1911

DBAR

I'm at work, and there are just few web sites I can access. This is the best one I can visit. I spend more waking hours here at work. So I need the inspiration here.

Can you guys post up pictures, and details of your Custom 1911's. I've got a good Kimber 1911, but I will buy a true Custom 1911 someday. I just need to have a goal to shoot for. I'm thinking about a true Blued 1911 with an ambi safety. I mostly shoot from the left side due to an eye dominance thing. I've been thinking about a Les Baer, or an Ed Brown. I'd like to see yours to get some ideas. I know such a handgun will take some time, and that's ok. I don't have the money right now, but I'm going to start "rat holing" the money away.

Thanks in advance....

DBAR

Post Script,
I may just get a good frame and slide, and have someone build it for me. Hell, I may build it myself?

kristop64089

Well, my "ultimate" 1911 is an Ed Brown Kobra Karry, with out the Roll marks. Probably not much help. But a Good looking gun.

Wiskey_33

I'd like to have a Les Baer Comanche Monolith some day, with some small adjustments made.

Any Ed Brown would be nice to own as well.

Rinspeed

While not a true custom my Baer has been one of the best purchases I've ever made. I need to get some new pics because it is starting to show some holster wear. For the money I don't think you can do much better.

IMG_0894.jpg

DBAR

jeffg,

That is a nice one. I can't tell from that picture. Is that a polished blue finish, or a matte blue finish?

I'm not going to have to decide on a finish just yet since I don't have the money. I'm considering either a polished blue finish or a hard chrome finish.

DBAR

Rinspeed

I guess it's more of a polished look. Tough to beat chrome but if I were you I would get a blued one and put a couple thousand rounds through it before you get it chromed.

IMG_0886.jpg

gglass

Why not do a REAL custom 1911 by utilizing the expertise and parts lists from Brownell's. They have custom 1911 catalogs that enable you to pick and choose exactly the parts you want from every major 1911 manufacturer and customizer. They also have a great staff of gunsmiths to help you through the project.

Just order the catalog or download the online version and you will only be limited by your imagination.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/guntech.aspx

hanno

Call Robert Serva at Fusion Firearms and talk to him about having your own custom pistol made the way you want it. Just make the call, I bet you'll be glad you did.

DBAR

I've read a lot about Fusion, and I have a friend that likes them. I just haven't really done that much investigating into them, and I haven't shot one yet. They appear to put out a really nice 1911, and I'm wanting a really nice one. I'll look into them, as well as others. I've handled a couple of Les Baers, and even enjoyed shooting a few rounds through one. I want something that is at least as good feeling as the one I shot or better.

DBAR