Need info on an older S&W .32

Sixer

This handgun belongs to my grandfather and unfortunately we are at a point where he is needing to sell most of his gun collection. This will likely be passed on to me anyway, but I am offering to buy the gun to help out a bit. I'd like to get an idea of a fair price to offer...

The pics aren't great, but I know it is a S&W .32 long - serial # 76xx1

I appreciate any info I can get. Thanks :)

104_6356.jpg

104_6358.jpg

104_6359.jpg

madcratebuilder

Appears to be a .32 hand Ejector. Fair price, $200+/-

This is a 5th change hand ejector I recently purchased for $200. It took some cleanup and a set of grips, so I have $235 in it.

5thchange04.jpg

5thchange03.jpg

5thchange05.jpg

carguychris

Agreed with Madcrate. The later .32 variants aren't really valuable unless they're in unusually pristine shape and/or have unusual features such as target sights. FWIW the original numbers-matching box helps some.

BTW it looks like there are light-colored inserts between the grips and the grip frame.. true? What are those? Perhaps someone inserted some thin cardboard or plastic in there to keep the grips from bonding themselves permanently to the grip frame; this is a common problem with these old guns. I've seen a lot of these hard rubber grips that were damaged in a removal attempt. :(

FWIW if they're original, they should have the serial number written inside the RH panel in light-colored grease pencil, but it's often illegible after 80-odd years.

Sixer

Thanks guys! Just the info I was looking for. Madcrate, fine looking revolver you have there ;)