Need help with ruger sp101 grips

defjon

Hello,
I bought a ruger sp101 and it came with black rubber grips. The one I used to own had rubber grips with a wood insert.

I am trying to find these grips. All my searching only turns up the wood inserts, but my gun didnt come with the rubber grip to hold the insert. Where would I find those?

Thanks!

lee n. field

Now, I don't know the Rugers, but you're saying yours comes with a rubber grip that you can't swap the panel out of?

The parts list and diagram currently on Ruger's site show a removable panel.

Webologist

I have an SP101 .22 and swapped out the wood insert grips for Hogues. I'm in Southern California. Where are you?

T. O'Heir

E-Bay is owned by people who want to take your firearms away from you. E-Bay is not the best place for anything firearm related unless you want to fund the loss of your Constitutional rights.
The company that made the original GP grips went out of business. Gunparts lists the grip frames($11.30), inserts($27.75 for wood) and all the screws($4.45 for the screws and $4.45 for the locator/bushing). Cheap they ain't. So $44 for the whole thing is good.

GeoJelly

+1 for Altamont - I guess they have replaced the now-defunct Lett Manufacturing - except for the most recently released SP-101's which seem to be showing up with ugly Hogue's. I have ordered from Altamont - shipped quickly and reasonable shipping charges. I think they make the very nice checkered wood Ruger-logo grip inserts that come the 4-inch SP-101 and 4-in .22. I asked them if they sold those inserts but they can't - I guess because of the Ruger logo. They have checkered/textured versions of the standard SP-101 rubber grip which are pretty spiffy but their wood inserts don't have the logo.

Last edited: