Need help with red dot

L. Boscoe

I have several pistols with Holosun dots, but one, my CZ 97, seems
obstinate in getting on point of aim.
I set it up with a laser bore sight at home, but when I get to the range, it is shooting low and either right or left, doesn't seem to be consistent. I checked the mount, and the dovetail adapter is tight, but the mounting screws were a tiny bit loose.
Any advice welcome.:cool:

TunnelRat

Are the mounting screws perhaps too long? I’ve had this happen and I needed to file the screws slightly. If possible, take off the mount from the pistol or however it is attached, and then attach and screw in the optic. If the screws extend below the bottom of the mount you know you need to file. This may not be possible for you depending on your mount. Another point is make sure you use a thread locker for the screws. Blue Loctite would be plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sevt_chevelle

Or the dot is junk.
Years ago I blew up a dot up on a 50 cal muzzleloader. After about 20 some shots, it couldn't hold zero, it wondered all over.

Three years ago when good red dots like holosun and trigicon were all but non existent, I bought a swamp fox. It ended up getting returned and replaced due to at 7 yds it ran out of adjustment and shot 2 ft low.

L. Boscoe

Looks like it was badly mis adjusted. lined it up on a rest with the bore sight laser and it was off by a ton.