Need Help with Nightsights

LloydXmas250

I'm going to pick up a pair of nightsights for my Beretta PX4, but I keep swaying from Meprolights to Trijicon. I like and dislike things about both so I'm looking for people with some experience to help me out a bit.

The Mepros are cheaper but not enough to totally justify them over the Trijicon. They are bigger and brighter but also seem a bit fuzzy.

The Trijicon seems small but very crisp and easier to pick up during day. I like the white ring during the day for quick pickup.

I keep going between the two and need some help and advice. Also, I don't have the tools so about how much can I expect to pay a gunsmith to do this? Keep in mind no gunstores I've explored have either for the PX4. Only seems like Glocks, 1911s, and M&Ps.

golfnutrlv

I have Trijicon sights on three of my pistols. I think they are the best in the business, both in life span, and overall usability. Here in my area, $35-$50 is the the going gunsmith sight rate.

Enjoy.

oldandslow

lloyd, 10/25/10

I have night sights on all my self defense pistols, including Trijicons, Meprolights and PT/MMC before they went out of business. Usually Meprolights are cheaper and brighter and Trijicons are more expensive. What usually sways my purchase is the customer service- I have never gotten an answer to any question emailed to Meprolight, but usually get a well thought out response from Trijicon in a day or two. So most of my purchases are Trijicons unless there is a really big price difference and I am pretty sure I will never need customer service support. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

PS- all my night sights are green front and rear.

Edmond

Except one pistol, I have had Meprolight on all my handguns and a few rifles since I equiped my SW 29 almost 20 years ago.
It still works but faded a lot these past years after 14 years I could not notice a change.
HTH

zombieslayer

I bought a pair of Kimber Ultra's. One had factory tritiums and the other had Trijicons. I got rid of the one with the factory sights, and kept the other. I really like the Trijicons. I haven't ever used Mepro's but I've heard only good things about their products.

ClydeFrog

PT-MMC out of business/closed?...

Hi
I read the post that P-T/MMC is no longer in business or sells night sights/handgun sights. Are they closed for good or will another major company market the brand in the near future?
:(
I bookmarked a P-T/MMC night sight system for a Browning Hi-Power 9mm. That was about 4 years ago. I guess I'll just go with the Trijicon units but other models may be worth the $$$.
Trijicon pistol sights do seem to get many US law enforcement & military contracts. I've had a few 96D .40S&W models with the night sights in the past.

gb6491

I have pistols with Trijicon and Meprolight night sights installed on them. I find both brands to be quality products, but I prefer the Meprolights.
They are not as crisp as Trijicons in total darkness (seem to be as bright), but they are (IMO) easier to pick up in all other light conditions. The Mepros are also sealed so that the white ring around them is not easily damaged by solvents, lubricants, or grime.
Regards,
Greg