Need Help with a rifle Bipod

gadgetguy1288

ok, ive decided to buy a Bipod for my Remington 710 30-06, when at the range i can shoot 1.5inch groups at 200 yards off the bench, but i want a little more stability when im out hunting(which is the main purpose of this rifle).

So My questions is this:

Can someone please point out a good BiPod/s and what the price i can expect to pay is?

Thanks a Bunch

rgitzlaff

Harris makes a good bipod. They attach to your front sling swivel. They have models that swivel for leveling, and solid mount models, as well as models with leg notches for positively locking in the legs at different heights, also models without notches that lock in any position with a screw knob. You can get many different heights for them. Expect to pay around $100 for those, you can get a cheaper knockoff of a Harris for $50-60, called Rock mount.

model70fan

both harris and rock mount are good bipods, I have multiples of each, harris are a little better quality but rock mounts do the job just fine, plus they are a little cheaper:D

I use Caldwell Bi-Pods on my hunting Rifles and Love them. The don't add a lot of weight to the rifle and they are a bit cheaper than Harris or Rock-mount. I think I paid around $30 or $40 for mine. Academy sells them or you can order online.

Ridge_Runner_5

I got a Rock Mount for $31 shipped from northern CO, and while it does add noticable weight to my AR, Im quite happy with it, for the price I paid...

DSC_004.jpg

taylorce1

All the bipods mentioned are good so flip a coin. I have a question about the M710, does it have the plastic sling stud molded into the stock? If it does you might as well go ahead and cut it off and sand it down and have a good steel one installed. The plastic ones break when used with a bipod more times than not.