need help with 442 front insert

Shot out my front red insert last night....looks like it was a lexan material...odd that they would use that since it doesn't seem to have any flex properties....anyway, need to fill that cut out...any sugestions on how would be appreciated....don't want the same lexan material they sell at Brownells either....maybe you guys can recommend some type of mateial that will be easy to fill with but hardens and stays put....

trebuchet

maybe mix up some JB weld and pigment?

(ETA the following)

IIRC my Kuhnhausen's manual has instructions for using epoxy resin and modified vice grips for this job.

That sounds ideal...I was thinking of cutting a neon colored eraser and gluing it in but a mix and pour sounds easier...what exactly is the stuff I need?

Majic

looks like it was a lexan material...odd that they would use that since it doesn't seem to have any flex properties
Since the sight blade doesn't flex why would you want the insert to flex?

Majic

Something that gives or flexes moves several times as it is knocked out of it's alignment and as it tries to regain it's alignment. That means it would be pulling at the epoxy at least twice as much vs it being solid. Remember as a shock absorber compress over a bump it also have to resist the expansion it goes thru as the car body is propelled back up.

Your reasoning is sound....but when I called S&W they told me their inserts are injection molded so they can flex a bit....maybe it just needs to be ever so slight..I don't know since I'm not much of an engineer...