Need help making a list.

scorpion_tyr

I plan on doing a pretty extensive, non biased, test on as many different JHP's and other self defence rounds as I can. Just to see what works under diffferent conditions and what doesn't. They'll be tested for expansion, penetration, lethal penetration after going through obstacle, and a few other things.

I'll be testing the following calibers:

.380 Auto
9x19
.40 S&W
.45 ACP

So what name brand JHP's would you like to see tested? Please give as much information as you can so I can be sure to pick up the right stuff.

Thanks.

jgcoastie

Speer Gold Dot HP's for all calibers...

Once you test them, you'll take all the other ammo back in exchange for store credit to buy more Gold Dots...

:D

The new Hornady Critical Defense would be a good one to test as it is relatively new to the market and has received a lot of attention on this and other forums as of late.

Rampant_Colt

Will you be using a Fackler Box with water filled plastic storage baggies?
x4kmiw.jpg

Or will you be using calibrated ballistics gelatin?
A bullet that is able to expand after penetrating four layers of denim into water represents an ideal unobstructed full-frontal shot

I prefer using Remington Golden Sabers and Winchester Ranger T for home and self-defense for a variety of reasons.

scorpion_tyr

Nope, won't be using water, been there, done that. Nor will I be using calibrated ballistic gelatin, too expensive. I've got my own littl recipe I'm perfecting that will better simulate muscle fibers and such. And I won't be using 4 layers of denim because I don't know many people who wear 4 pairs of blue jeans. I'll be shooting through more realistic clothing.

At the same time this test won't be compared to actual flesh and bone, instead it will mostly just be a comparison of how different designs react under the same circumstances. Basically gonna have 6 different test with 3 rounds from each design and each caliber for each test.

Don't want to give out too many details because I'm still not sure how the results will be published.

scorpion_tyr

Maybe, but I haven't seen it, at least not the 6 tests I plan on using. And I've never seen as many types and calibers compared to one another as I'm going to.