Need Help Identifying Rifle

FPrice

I saw a nice older .22 the other day. It is a Stevens Model 416, a VERY heavy rifle with a bolt action. It is marked "U. S. Property" and has a Lyman scope. The scope is adjusted by set screws contained in a ring around the outside the scope tube and seem to move the whole scope.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Thanks.

Frosty

K

KilgorII

Sounds like an old US military training rifle. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along and give a better answer soon.

700PSS Shooter

It is a training rifle and is getting collectable if in good shape and correct as issued. They can run from $275-$450 if martially marked.

There is also a civilian version. Identical sans US Property marking. Costs $225-300.

These are Virginia prices where inflation has hit the .22 trainer market.

FPrice

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 700PSS Shooter:
It is a training rifle and is getting collectable if in good shape and correct as issued. They can run from $275-$450 if martially marked.

There is also a civilian version. Identical sans US Property marking. Costs $225-300.

These are Virginia prices where inflation has hit the .22 trainer market.
[/quote]

What you say closely parallels what another shooter told me in another forum. Thanks for the info. The rifle is not in the best shape, but I hope to close the deal shortly.

Thanks.

Frosty