Need help determining 9mm round

cannonfire

Hey guys. I have been given an assortment of 9mm rounds yesterday and I have come across one that I thought was odd.

The one in question is on the right in the picture along a typical hollow point. As you can see the round in question is taller and more narrow. I couldn't upload the picture from my phone for whatever reason but from the top it looks like the tip of the round was snipped and an small diameter hole was drilled through the bullet. The hole is not as wide as the diameter of the bullet so there is exposed steel or lead on top.

If this is another kind of hollow point, I apologize, I have never seen anything like it. The markings on the round says "G.F.L. 9mm Luger"

Thanks for any and all help

I also have rounds that say "R-P" and "FC". Can any one tell me what companies those are?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 137

tmd47762

GFL is Fiocci. They make that odd hollow point. R P is Remington and FC is Federal.

In my experience the Fiocci HP in Makarov has next to no expansion with that small opening.

cannonfire

Thanks guys for the help. It was just odd because I've never seen a hollow point like that before. And on the box someone wrote "dumdum inside" so I didn't know what to think.

Thanks for clearing it up