Need help and advice?

TPAW

Can anyone tell me who sells shotguns with the extended tube that holds more ammo? Thank you.

the rifleer

Usually you buy the shotgun, then you buy the extened magazine, but not all shotguns can be made to hold more ammo. For example, the mossberg 500 can not be made to hold more ammo because of the way that the barrel screws onto the tube.

Use google, type in something like XXXX magazine extention... you'll have something come up, or call local shops and tell them what model you have/are looking for.

KMO

You may end up shopping for both a higher capacity magazine and a barrel both, so you might choose a shotgun for which swapping out the barrel/mag tube is fast & easy. You have to be careful to get a barrel with the magazine lug positioned properly for a compatible tube. The Mossberg 500 has already been mentioned. It certainly meets the criteria.

zippy13

After-market mag extensions may be problematic. There are several threads covering the topic.

Remington's Model 870P Max comes with a factory installed magazine extension.
870pmax.jpg

Mossberg offers several shotguns with long mag tubes. Barrel interchangeability is limited since these guns only accept the long mag barrels.
51670.jpg

LaserSpot

Hit what you're shooting at the first time and you will never need the extra ammo; it will just make the shotgun muzzle-heavy. It's more important to have a stock that fits so that you're looking down the sights when you mount the gun. It's also important to have a safety catch that you're familiar with.

arizona98tj

Usually you buy the shotgun, then you buy the extened magazine, but not all shotguns can be made to hold more ammo.

Or just get one that already has the extended mag built in, such as the FNH SLP Mark 1, and forget magazine extensions all together. 8+1+1 it holds.

It only gets muzzle heavy IF you decide to fill the longer magazine with shells. It's pretty darn light when mostly empty. Personally, I would rather have the larger magazine and fill it completely only when I deem it necessary. Of course, if a person has no self control, then buying a shotgun with a shorter magazine may be the way to go. ;)