Need grips for a 629-1

Samdweezel05

I love my newest addition but it needs some different grips. I would like to stick with something rubber so I can continue to shoot it the way god intended the .44 mag to be shot. Flat out, max load, holy hell that stings a little when I pull the trigger. What are you all using?

DSCF0807.jpg

Phil

Webleymkv

I'm partial to Houges. FWIW, my 629-6 came with rubber Houges on it fromt he factory (I changed them out to Rosewood Houges as I don't particularly care for rubber).

Samdweezel05

There are some really, really nice looking wood grips out there but I just can't make myself pay that much for them. Any idea what the grips are on mine now? They fit like crap and feal even worse.

Phil

Niner4Tango

Personally, for full house .44 magnum I like the old S&W factory Target Grips - Goncalo Alves. Nice and wide to distribute the recoil and just the right friction to let the grip roll in your hand while absorbing and controlling recoil.

The Pach's you have are a little hard and slippery. Hogues are too sticky to let the gun roll in the hand (for me, YMMV). Also, some Hogues can be a little narrow at the backstrap so look at the different models.

Anyway, you're gonna end up with a box full of used grips that you tried and switched out, just like the rest of us.... :D