need casting mold for .40/10mm for more than 185 grns?

buymore

I'm looking for a mold for a hunting bullet in .40/10mm that is more than 185 grns. I'd really like one for at least 200 grn bullets, but if I could find one for more....great. I'm going to be using these in plastic sabots for a .45 cal inline. Currently using Hornady SST .40 200 grns. Heck, if someone cant point me towards one in 195 right now, that would be better than all the 185's I'm finding. Thanks

Spur0701

Were I you I would go over to castboolit.com and do some searches or post there.......and as a last resotre you can always have a custom mould made.

Go NEI's mold catalog here. Use the drop-down window in the upper left to select .401, then click on the GO button. You'll find they have .401" molds up to 225 grains. .401" is the normal size for 10 mm cast bullets. Cast bullets are 0.001" oversize, typically, for better bore seal. You can, however, size those down to .400" if the extra thousandth makes the sabot hard to seat?

The bullets typically come out of the mold a little larger than the stated size, with the expectation you will size them to final diameter. Lee makes an inexpensive .401" sizer and can custom make any size for you. Since you don't need to lubricate—the sabot does that for you—that is probably the way to go for you.