Need Browning Hi-Power Barrel

M16

I need to replace the barrel on one of my Browning Hi-Powers. Has anyone here replaced their barrel and if you did what brand did you use and who has the best price.

VIEJO

I agree with weshoot2 without reservation. Buy the best you can afford (Brownell's sells several). I have not had to replace either of mine but know a half dozen guys who have and the cheap barrels never, but never "drop in". I know a guy who had to return two cheapies, one was soft steel and the other had a tight chamber, he wound up with a Bar-Sto.

Viejo

I have a question for you guys suggesting Bar-Sto. Have you ever bought one ? Is it even possible ? A few months back I decided to try a Bar-Sto barrel. I went to a dealer and asked them to get me one because I knew they would pass on their cost to me. This dealer had sent Bar-Sto his own personal carry gun to get a barrel fitted by them. He made countless calls to Bar-Sto until he finally got through to ask them to include a barrel for me when they returned his gun. I know he actually ordered my barrel because I was the one that stood in the shop hitting redial on the phone for hours until it finally rang. His gun was returned weeks later than they said it would be; without my barrel. Thinking it was the dealers fault I went to another dealer and started the same process. This dealer has called Bar-Sto approx. 50 times with only one answer; a message saying that they are closed on Fridays. It must be nice to have a business that is so successful that you don't have to answer the phone for weeks at a time. It must be nice to have a business where you don't even bother to take orders for merchandise. I would say at this point that their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. By the way, I know Brownells sells Bar-Sto barrels, but not for the Hi-Power. If anyone knows where to buy one FOR SURE let us all know.

Richard

I Had Another Experience

I ordered a drop in barrel directly from Bar-sto for my Glock 23. The barrel was sent to me promptly and it has worked very well. Regards, Richard

eger precision

I use several Bar Sto barrels and the frolks there have been great to deal with.

I have noticed on the last couple that they send out a letter prior to shipping. They ask you to call to confirm you still want the barrel. If they dont hear from you in 10 days they cancel.

Who knows? Maybe something fell through the cracks.

Good Luck