Need Bi-Pod HELP. PLEASE

Usertag

Do you think that a UTG Universal Foldable Clamp-on Bipod. Will work on the barrel of a "GSG AK-47"? The barrel is a hard plastic, or polymer, I'm not to sure. All I know is that it is a type of plastic.

Ridge_Runner_5

It should work fine. There might be some deformation of the plastic.

Why not just use a bag or other device to rest the gun on? The GSG AK is a bit stubby to mount a bipod on.

Rimfire5

It will work but not very well.

I bought one and was disappointed because it didn't provide enough support (the legs deformed a bit when any pressure was put on it).

Now, if the rifle doesn't have a front lug that I can put my Harris bi-pod on, then I use a front bag.

ltc444

A retired Marine Sniper showed me an improvised bipod which works better than any other bipod I have used. It is light, easy to make and extremely effective.

Get two wood construction staked. Lash them together leave a length of line to use as a sling.

To use it simply spread the stakes apart forming an X. Drive the pointed ends of the stakes into the ground. Lay the rifle barrell on the X and you have a stable shooting aid.

The retired SSG used it all over the world in all conditions and came back alive. His record is more impressive than most of the publicly acknowledged Snipers.