Need Assistance Interpreting Info on a Remington 1100 Sporting .410 shotgun

JDP

I have a Remington 1100 Sporting .410 shotgun. The date code is EZ (October, 2005). In researching information about the gun, I have found references to EZ (NOT the date code) possibly referring to an easy-load modification to the carrier assembly, but I am not sure. The original label on the original cardboard box has three boxes on the far right end of the label – Serial No., Order No., and an unlabeled box. The unlabeled box contains “22EZ”. I have no idea what this refers to. Is it the date code, and if so, what is “22”? Is it a reference to a design capability that will allow an after-market modification to the carrier, and if so, the match between it and the date code must be a coincidence.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

JDP

Turn out that the "22" is the actual day of manufacture. So, 22EZ translates to October 22, 2005.

I am still looking for an answer to the possible EZ-load modification to the carrier assembly for the 100.

Mal H

Staff
Moving to the Shotgun forum.

JDP, you can edit a post yourself with the "Edit" button at the lower right of the post.

DanLee

The trigger assembly, which includes the carrier, is basically the same for all 1100s and 1187s. A few had extended bolt releases, such as the Competition and G3, but I don't think they included the Sporting models.

Virginian

I see nothing EZ loading about the modification, and it looks like crap. In 58 years I never saw anything NOT easy loading about an 1100 or an 11-87.