Need an ar-15

flyboy14

Suddenly I feel like I need an ar, don't know why but feel like every red blooded american should own at least one good semi. The only semi I own is a rem 1100 shotgun for bird hunting. Been looking at the DPMS in 223, lots of guys tell me I should build my own, don't know, saw one at scheels the other day that looked nice. Would be used for plinking, maybe coyote, already have a 223 bolt, 22-250, and a 6mm rem, but a semi w large cap just looks fun. The only other rifle I have thought about is the new rem, anyone shot one?

ISC

I got my DPMS M4 clone new with only storage wear from CMMG for $575 + shipping.

With the transfer and background check it came to $603 out the door.

NCHornet

The bargain bin rifles from CMMG are tough to beat. I also agree AR forum has lots of good info, read read read!!!
NCH

Alleykat

I'd never buy from Olympic, due to their record of absolutely despicable conduct to their customers, when their customers' rifles were destroyed in a fire at the Olympic factory.

DonR101395

I'd never buy from Olympic, due to their record of absolutely despicable conduct to their customers, when their customers' rifles were destroyed in a fire at the Olympic factory.

I'd never buy one based on their abysmal quality same with DPMS.

SR420

flyboy14 Suddenly I feel like I need an AR, don't know why but feel like every red blooded American should own at least one good semi.

I felt the same need for an AR about two months ago - I did my homework and chose the Colt LE 6920.

This comparison chart did help me make the decision.

AR-Comparison-Chart.jpg

Jermtheory

stock Jerm answer....

go with the LMT and add an Hbuffer.

save a couple hundred $$ by buying it in 3 pieces(upper,lower,BCG).