Need advice....

fubsy

I have the option of picking up a bushmaster carbine with integral sights, or a colt carbine flattop.......Now I would like a flat top,,,,but within the limits of the law, I would like to add various components and possibly swap topends from time to time, and have heard that colt has non standard parts or pins etc...., is this true and what type of problems could I expect if i went with the colt??,,,,I also have an option to pick up a pwa ar, although I dont know what quality they are or if there would be a mismatch with this lower.....tks fubsy.

Jeff White

It all depends on which Colt you get. The non standard pins are for the trigger group and will have no effect on swapping uppers. The other difference is the front push pin.
Colt has used two screws that are wider then the standard push pin, and they have used screws that are the same size as the standard push pin. Adapters are available from both Bushmaster and DPMS.

With the use of the right adapter, you can install about any upper on any Colt lower.
HTH
Jeff

fubsy

thank ya'll Ive gotten a ton of responses and there were some questions left over and jeff you just answered those and thank you.........I believe Ill just go ahead and pick that bushmaster and purchase another flattop topend.....I never seem to have enuf parts laying around anyway...lol.....tks folks..fubsy.