need advice on body armor

cajun47

where do i start looking? i live in louisiana.

im looking for some light armor that will defeat handguns. something that i can wear all day without being made.

im not a mall ninja but the way the economy is going i figure we will be in a shtf of sorts pretty soon.

tc556guy

Unless you are wearing heavy outter clothing, someone who knows what to look for will always pick up that you are wearing armor. Sinceyou live down south, I doubt you'll be wearing heavy outer clothing. I second the proper fit, but you CAN make do with second hand armor thats 'sorta close". Plenty of penny pinching agencies and officers get by with second hand armor donated by fellow officers....you just run the risk of not knowing how the armor was maintained by its previous owner.

I have a pretty extensive favorites list of body armor companies, but propbably nothing you couldn't get by googling "body armor"

tc556guy

I can't speak for Canada, but from what I recall on this topic from past threads, US states generally only legislate the possession of body armor by those wearing it while commiting a crime.

K720

Get someone who knows what they are doing to measure you for any body armor. Whatever you get, make sure it will defeat whatever round you carry.