Need a holster for 1911.

iblong

Im looking for a new (IWB) holster for my Colt commander xse.4.25".
Im not a fan of thick stiff leather when you add the renforced top,they add to much bulk for my taste and build.I carry at about 3:30 strong side with
a fair amount of cant in order to not print.example galco summer comfort is
to bulky for me.Im a jeans and T shirt/sweat shirt kind of guy.Im thinking a
thin holster with off set loop or loops.Any one have a recomendation.
Thanks,Bob.

highvel

I wear a Bianchi 6X IWB for my 1911's, it's soft leather with a metal belt clip and a thumbstrap.
The soft leather style conforms to standard and shorter barrel lengths without any problems!

gearchecker

Use a razor ar a pair of scissors to remove the retention strap

A pair of really heavy garden scissors resolved my retention strap problem. Use the handle of a wood spatula as a burnishing tool to smooth out the edge from cutting it off. Works well that way

tlm225

I can recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck. There are other similiar designs out there (Galco just recently brought out one) that should perform just as well. It's ugly, but comfortable and conceals better than anything else I've ever used.

ClydeFrog

Top brands for IWB 1911a1 model holsters...

I'm not a big fan of the 1911a1 or the IWB holster style but some of the better holsters/systems include;
Ted Blocker(Ayoob LFI holster), Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, Kramer Gun Leather, High Noon Holsters, Don Hume, COM Holsters, Blade-Tech.

The Milt Sparks Summer Special is very popular and the Kramer design is in use with many armed professionals(LE agents, spec ops, etc).

Some custom shops use horsehide which is stronger & better than regular leathers.

rigby06

try this site

Here is the link for the inside the pants holster

http://www.n82tactical.com

I have purchased one of these inside the waist band holsters, the large one fits my USP compact 45, my FNP 9; and my Springfield Armory XD, as well as a 1911 without any problems. This type of holster is the most comfortable inside the waist band holster I have used thus far.