Need a good range bag

HenryTheNoodle

I'm looking for a high capacity range bag that will let me store 3-5 guns in zippered pouches, 6 boxes of ammo, cleaning supplies, small targets, safety gear, etc. Any recommendations?

Re4mer

Usually its better to get one designed for guns though I just use a gym bag myself. Glock makes a small and a large range bag. Larger gun stores might also have extra brands to choose from. Might want to just Google "rang bags" and see what comes up.

madmo44mag

For years I've used a canvas plumbers bag.
They have all kinds of pockets inside and out.
I carry 4 guns and 800 rounds + misc tools, flashlight, ect.
$20.00 at Harbor Freight.
Also since it does not look like a range bag I feel a little safer when I have to leave it in my car.
Also go check out back packs.
I saw one a while back at the range that I was just envious of.
Held 6 guns in 6 separate dividers. At least 800 rounds, tools, pistol bench rest,
targets.
When they guy came into the range he was wearing it.
Have to say, that's easier than totin in the hand with that kind of weight.
Range bags are nice but costly in some cases. Also IMO they say GUN"S and I just don't like to advertise.

I bought this one from MidwayUSA:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=259680

This has everything I need to hit the range. It also comes with two separate pouches to place handguns in and can then pack them in the dedicated inner pouch in the bag.

Two other items: Wait for this to go on sale. It happens often. I bought it at half price. The other is a disclaimer. It is made in China, if this is of importance to you. I hate it, but it was very difficult to find a range bag that fit my needs that wasn't made in China.

dipper

I use a tool box similar to this one:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=6513-46921-028001L&lpage=none

It is very sturdy and gives some added protection over range bags.
Mine is a little bigger than the one in the link.
I used some scrap 1/4" plywood to make partitions in the box and it works out great.
It'll carry all my cleaning supplies, tools(screwdrivers and such), plenty of ammo, ear protection, targets, stapler,markers, etc. and 3 revolvers no problem.

Last edited:

1-UP

Check the local tool places for bags/boxes. Lowes, Menards, etc have dozens of choices that meet a lot of different tastes.

SmokeyVol

I have two of the Midway range bags. I bought them both on sale a year apart fot $39 each. Very good for the price and lots of storage space. I carry rimfires in one and everything else larger in the other