Need a barrel of ammo for your AR?

Elkins45

Midway just sent out an email advertising barrels of Frontier 223 and 5.56 ammo. You can get 13,889 rounds of ammo in a metal drum for $4000. Shipping is free.

That’s a lot of ammo. I’m trying to imagine some poor guy explaining to his wife that he dropped 4K on a big red metal barrel of ammo :) “Why is this huge red barrel in our garage?”

Spats McGee

Administrator
The trick is to remember to call it an “ammo can,” instead of “honking big barrel o’ bullets.” That way, you can always say, “But honey, I told you I wanted to buy a full ammo can.”

jpx2rk

I think I got a email from Grafs with similar details. The "ammo can" would be dropped shipped. LOL

rickyrick

For those that need a visual...
Haha
I’d love to see that on my porch

8c3076bbce34ba31edc23d9e5e891124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyrick

I can just see the disapproval in the faces of news anchors everywhere.

They should sell a matching barrel of 30rd clips.

I wonder how they arrived at 13,889

ed308

I was thinking the same thing. 13,889 seems like an odd number. Must be due to shipping weight.

LilHog

That looks pretty heavy, UPS isn't bringing that. That will most likely be delivered via common carrier with a liftgate and dropped at the end of your driveway. And if you want it further than that you better have a way to move it inside.

smee78

That looks like one of those half drums. Should be about a 20 Gal drum, not that it will make it any lighter lol. No way the wife would keep me around if I dropped 4K on a drum of ammo. Merry Christmas ammo!

Wag

Without a doubt, that would keep any porch pirates from stealing it from you before you pick it up off your doorstep.

--Wag--

RC20

And they always EXCLUDE Alaska. There should be a law.

Either we are part of the US or we are not (note, considering the Bear to the West I am all for being part of the US!)

Road_Clam

Brownells is already sold out of the AE 556 ammo barrels. Good deal AFTER the Federal rebate, but your also forking over $3900 pre-rebate. Good deal for gun ranges or rifle training entities

lokidansk

"smee78"

I'm lucky I quess! My wife or Daughter would each say "WOW thats a great deal but, why didn"t you buy yourself any?" LOL