need 357 hydra shock info

geo57

can someone please tell me the 1 shot stop % for the federal .357 158 gr hydra shock load?....towart's page is down..thanks

Ben Shepherd

It's been a while but the 158 was down around 75%. The 125 was up around 90%.(I think If I remember correctly the number of total shots with that particular 158gr. was very small however.

CWL

Don't count on any percentage tables as an indicaor of absolute reliability. Either load is going to do serious damage in a Center of Mass hit.

Do even better and practice double-taps into COM.

geo57

on 1 hand i should have stated i wanted the % according to marshall & sanow, on the other, i figured you last 2 undersotod this. i was looking for neither a lecture, nor a clever little phrase. i shoulda known better than to ask a simple question.

Ben Shepherd

GEO, take it easy on them. We do a lot of kidding around on this site. The reason I am fairly sure of my numbers is that I carry 357 mag. I included their tables in the info I used to make my decision on my personal carry gun: sp101 loaded w/125gr. Golden Sabers.
In the 38 spec. range the 158 was the way to go, in 357, 125 was the hot one.:D

Lavan

I carry 5 of the 130 gr hydra shoks. If they hurt the target like they hurt my hand, they will be effective enough for a handgun load.