Neck sizing die. Which one to buy

Wendyj

I've got a Lee collet die for a 308 and it took a lot of sanding and adjustment to get it to work. I want to get one for 7-08 and Midway doesn't have a Lee. Was considering Redding or Rcbs. Any suggestions

cw308

Wendy
Both company's are very good . I've been using RCBS Standard die , tried Redding S Type bushing dies went back to RCBS . For bolt action I stopped neck sizing , full sizing with .001 case headspace worked out better in every way. Anyway you can't go wrong with either.

F. Guffey

I have neck sizing dies, I do not use them but I have them just in case.

I have full length sizing dies, I have lots and lots of full length sizing dies; when I decide to neck size a case I adjust the die off the shell holder to prevent the sizing die to contact the body of the case.

When a reloader decides to neck size with a full length sizing die part of the neck will not get sized, Any part of the neck that is not sized aids the case when centering in the chamber. And then there is the change in time.

F. Guffey

Wendyj

I don't use mine but would like to try with this rifle. I so far have just used Hornady compareter to set shoulders back .015.

cw308

Hornady comparator's work fine , I also use the RCBS Precision Mic seems to hold the case in position easier , I know you ment .0015 which is perfect.

All those collect dies pretty much do the same ting. So it becomes a matter how wide do you want to open your purse there WendyJ. Although

in such matters where something special is needed? Redding would be my choice as there dies machining is second to non. Besides that. Their green storage box fits in rather nicely with my RCBS ones.

Wendyj

The Redding was around $54.00. I bought a full set of dies for 300wsm and they are nice. Got the dies but need another rifle. Go figure. I think the rcbs are running around $45.00 so price difference not enough to be concern. Just don't want so sand on one for 2 days.

std7mag

I use RCBS for my 284Win. Have Redding for the 7mm-08AI.
I got an old Pacific (since bought out by Hornady) at an auction for the 257 Roberts.
243, 7mm Rem Mag, 30-06, 223 i use Lee.

I thought i had an extra Redding neck sizer, but couldn't find it.