Neat News Article About Missouri Bullet Company

ScottRiqui

Here's an article from October of last year talking about MBC and its founders.

It's pretty in-depth considering the short length of the article, and very positive overall. It goes into what the founders did in their "previous lives", and talks about the equipment they use, production capacity, equipment costs, and shipping costs (I never really considered that they're shipping out over a ton of bullets per day.)

I've ordered from them in the past and communicated with Brad Alpert in email, but it was nice to read the article and put a face with the name.

Sarge

I'm familiar with the newspaper and the company. MO Bullets makes a top-notch product and it's good to see them get some positive coverage in the local press.

jpdavis423

I've met Brad a couple of times when he met me in Kansas City to deliver my order. Great guy and excellent products.

A question: Has anyone tried his .40 cal bullets in a Glock? From what I've read 18 bhn ought to be hard enough at lower velocities, but I wanted to find out if anyone had tried them.

Jeff

Sarge

A question: Has anyone tried his .40 cal bullets in a Glock? From what I've read 18 bhn ought to be hard enough at lower velocities, but I wanted to find out if anyone had tried them.

Jeff

Yes. My 40 S&W small game/pest load is a Missouri Bullet 170 grain lead SWC over 4.2 grains of W231 in range pickup brass, for about 840 fps. Recoil is nil and it makes short work of groundhogs and everything smaller.

I put these up in range pick-up brass and because much of that shows signs of being previously hot-loaded and fired in, er, 'ample' Glock chambers- I wouldn't load those casings hot anyhow.

This bullet will shoot. Five shot, 50 yard rested groups are 3 1/2", when I don't screw anything up- like I did here. The four in the pic are representative of what the bullet will do from my personal Glock. My guess is that it will hold the magic "two inches at fifty yards" from match loads in a full blown match gun.

LWG23recrown.jpg

This is consistent between the OEM barrel and a Lone Wolf barrel, at least after I recrowned the latter. I expect this could be reduced some by sorting brass and weighing charges instead of dumping them.

Leading is light in either barrel and could probably be all but eliminated by experimenting with different powders, charges, or molycoating. Brass screen and some Hoppe's No. 9 make it disappear.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

One of these days I am going to sneak over and see them and their operation, they are just one town over from me.

I currently have three boxes of cowboy`#9 .452 dia., 255 grain bullets, two boxes of Cowboy #2 .358 dia., 125 grain and a box of 357 action .358 dia., 158 grain bullets that I am reloading from.

I went to their homepage and figured out what to use by using their technical info (http://www.missouribullet.com/technical.php). This definately helped me cut down on my barrel leading.

I have written Brad a few times (I think Jo Ann is out back doing most the work, because I have never received a reply from her :)) and the responses are always nice. Definitely a company I will continue to return to for my bullet needs.

jpdavis423

Sarge,

Thanks for the load. I tried it the other day with jacketed bullets. Now I need to get some from Brad.

Jeff